Zrazy – Hearty potato patties with eggs and onions
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 75 minutes
Zrazy is a traditional savory dish found in Polish or Ukrainian cuisine. Delicate filling of boiled eggs and fried onions is encased in the crispy outer layer of potato dough – the perfect combination. You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious one.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 1 kg potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 2-3 onions
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- salt, to taste
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Peel the potatoes and cook for about 20-25 minutes until they are soft.
- Boil 6 eggs until hard for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the onions and chop finely.
- Then cook in a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for about 5- Sauté for 6 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes completely and let them cool slightly.
- Then add the flour, 2 eggs and salt and mix.
- Peel the boiled eggs and dice them into small pieces.
- Add the sautéed onions and a little salt to the eggs and mix.
- Take some potato dough in your hands, roll into a ball and then flatten into a patty.
- Put some of the egg and onion filling in the middle, cover with the potato patty and carefully seal the edges.
- Prepare the potato patties in this manner.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the potato patties on both sides until golden and crispy.
When making the potato patties, lightly flour your hands to prevent the potato dough from sticking to them.