Zebra cake made from simple batter with chocolate
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The zebra cake is made from a simple batter. The light and dark dough creates an extraordinary zebra pattern that makes the zebra cake special. Then covered with chocolate, the cake only looks good when it is cut.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 200 g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 pack baking powder
- 200 g chocolate coating
- hand mixer
- cake pan
- Mix the eggs and sugar well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, butter and sour cream.
- Mix everything together with a mixer.
- Divide the dough in half.
- In one half 2 tablespoons flour and in the other half 2 tablespoons Add cocoa.
- Mix both well.
- In a cake tin, alternately spoonfuls of batter into the center to create light and dark rings.
- Bake the zebra cake in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 30 minutes.
- If the middle is not done yet, cover the cake with aluminum foil and continue baking at 180°C for about 10 minutes.
- Coat the zebra cake with couverture and let it set.
The zebra cake can also be decorated with colorful sprinkles – a great children’s birthday cake!