Yeast braided pastries with eggs, milk and orange juice – Easter brunch
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
Cute little Easter bunnies made from yeast dough are a great . The small can be enjoyed for Easter breakfast or Easter brunch. Together with delicious jam they are a treat.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 250g butter, softened
- 220g sugar
- 1 packet bourbon vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 60g orange juice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 700g flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- food processor
- Beat the soft butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the salt and vanilla sugar.
- Stir the eggs into the batter one after the other.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice and stir into the batter.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add half to the Knead the dough.
- Gradually knead the other half of the flour into the dough.
- The dough must not be too sticky, but also not too dry.
- Let the dough rest covered for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the dough into pieces Share.
- Roll a long sausage out of each piece.
- Fold in half and twist twice.
- Whisk the egg yolk with milk and brush the yeast plaits with it.
- Bake the yeast plaits at 160 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and enjoy with coffee or tea for Easter breakfast or brunch.