Yeast braided nests with colorful Easter eggs for Easter brunch
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 110 minutes
The little sweet yeast plait nests should not be missing in the Easter bakery. The yeast pastry tastes nice and fluffy, tender and incredibly delicious. Mini yeast plaited nests are not only for Easter breakfast or as mini cakes with coffee, they also definitely go well with Easter brunch.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 500 g flour
- 1 packet of yeast, fresh
- 125 ml milk, lukewarm
- 25 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 25 g sugar
- eggs colored, boiled, as needed
- almond leaves, at will
- mixing bowl
- food processor
- pasting brush
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in it.
- Crumble in the yeast and pour in the lukewarm milk.
- Mix everything together gently.
- Add the egg, melted butter and sugar and knead everything well.
- Dough, covered, for 1 hour in a warm Let rise.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and divide into 6-10 equal pieces, depending on their size.
- Form the pieces of dough into strands.
- If you like, braid two or three strands into a braid or twist them together.
- Make a circle and join the ends together.
- Place the nests on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Grease the yeast braided nests with beaten egg yolk.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds, if you like.
- Put an egg in each nest.
- Bake the yeast braid in the oven at 200°C for approx. 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the yeast braid with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk for Easter!