White beans in tomato sauce with rice or scrambled eggs
Aromatic white beans in tomato sauce taste delicious and are timeless. The dish is very suitable for vegetarians, as the beans are the perfect source of protein. You can serve the beans in tomato sauce with scrambled eggs or rice.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 1 cup beans
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chili, optional
- Wash the beans, soak in cold water overnight.
- Drain the soaking water, cover the beans liberally with fresh cold water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 1.5 hours until tender.
- The Drain the water from the beans.
- Fry the onions and mix with the tomato paste.
- Stir into the beans and season with salt and pepper.