White asparagus with potatoes, ham and Hollandaise sauce
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
Classic asparagus dishes – delicious recipe made from juicy white asparagus with boiled potatoes and ham, rounded off with a creamy hollandaise sauce. The asparagus dish is delicious and easy to prepare.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 1 kg white asparagus
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 500 g potatoes
- 200 g ham
- 150 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cutting board
- asparagus peeler
Boil the potatoes and asparagus
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cook them in boiling salted water over a medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- In another saucepan, bring the water, salt, sugar and a little oil to the boil.
- Peel the white asparagus, using the remove the woody ends.
- Put the asparagus in the water and leave to soak for approx. 10 minutes.
- Or cook the asparagus in the steamer at 100 °C for approx. 10-15 minutes until al dente.
Prepare the Hollandaise sauce
- The Divide the butter into 3 pieces – 2 small pieces of 10-15g each and 1 large piece.
- Melt the large piece of butter over low heat and set aside.
- Prepare a water bath.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- The yolks in a metal bowl, blend for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, water and salt and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Add a small knob of butter and place the bowl in the prepared water bath (about 60 degrees).
- If lower Continue beating heat for about 2 minutes, b until the yolks have thickened
- Have another bowl of cold water ready.
- Should clumps of eggs form, the bottom of the bowl can be immediately cooled in cold water while continuing to mix.
- Remove the pan with the water bath from the heat and Quickly mix in the second small knob of butter.
- Followed by the melted butter, which is gradually whisked into the egg yolk mixture.
- Salt and pepper the hollandaise sauce and serve with the asparagus and boiled potatoes with ham.