Weckmann yeast pastries with a clay whistle for breakfast
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
Yeast pastries or Stutenkerl are the yeast classics in autumn, especially for the Lantern Festival. With this recipe you can easily bake the Weckmann for Saint Martin yourself from fluffy, sweet yeast dough.
Please review recipe:
- 500 g flour
- 1 p. Yeast Dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 100 g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 130 ml milk
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing
- 2 tbsp milk, for brushing
- raisins, or Nuts, to taste
- Mix the warm milk with the dry yeast.
- Mix the butter, dry yeast and sugar and add the yeast milk.
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the yeast mixture, egg, egg white and salt.
- Knead everything to form a smooth dough.
- Leave covered in a warm place for approx. 30 minutes.
- Form the dough into Weckmanns.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Give a clay whistle to the Weckmanns.
- Whisk the egg yolk with the milk and Spread it over the mares.
- Let these rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Then bake the Weckmanns in the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
If you like it, you can use raisins, nuts or chocolate drops for the typical Stutenkerl Advent pastry.
- baking paper
- kitchen brush
- clay pipes