Vietnamese pumpkin soup with meat, fish sauce and herbs
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
The slight sweetness of pumpkin goes well with pork. The soup is enriched with flavor from the fish sauce, chives and herbs provide a complementary finish.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 350 g pork
- 350 g pumpkin
- 1 l water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- chives, to taste
- herbs, to taste
- cutting board
- Cut the pork and squash into medium-sized pieces.
- Place the meat in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Skim off the foam and cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Squash, salt, pepper and add sugar.
- Cook for about 20 minutes more, until the squash and pork are tender.
- Stir the fish sauce into the finished soup.
- Serve with chives and herbs.