Vegetarian pumpkin salad with halloumi, avocado and fresh lettuce leaves
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
This insanely delicious Pumpkin Salad with Avocado, Halloumi, and fresh lettuce leaves is a quick vegetarian dish that’s great for dinner or as an appetizer. The combination of tender avocado, baked pumpkin and grilled Cypriot halloumi cheese is unbeatable in this salad.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.8 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- ¹⁄₄ Pumpkin, medium
- 2¹⁄₂ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 90-100 g halloumi
- salad leaves, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ¹⁄₂ avocado
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- frying pan
- salad bowl
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin.
- Cut the flesh into medium cubes.
- Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix.
- Place in a single layer on the sheet .
- Bake the pumpkin for about 30-40 minutes until it is soft.
- Turn to the other side after about 15 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in a small bowl with a whisk .
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Fry the cheese on both sides over a medium heat for 2.5-3 minutes until crispy.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves, shake dry and place in a salad bowl add.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Cut the avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- Place on the lettuce leaves.
- Add the still warm pumpkin and halloumi pieces.
- Drizzle the pumpkin salad with the dressing and serve immediately.