Vegetarian pumpkin salad with halloumi, avocado and fresh lettuce leaves
This insanely delicious Pumpkin Salad with Avocado, Halloumi, and fresh lettuce leaves is a quick vegetarian dish that’s great for dinner or as an appetizer. The combination of tender avocado, baked pumpkin and grilled Cypriot halloumi cheese is unbeatable in this salad.
- ¹⁄₄ Pumpkin, medium
- 2¹⁄₂ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 90-100 g halloumi
- salad leaves, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ¹⁄₂ avocado
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin.
- Cut the flesh into medium cubes.
- Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix.
- Place in a single layer on the sheet .
- Bake the pumpkin for about 30-40 minutes until it is soft.
- Turn to the other side after about 15 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in a small bowl with a whisk .
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Fry the cheese on both sides over a medium heat for 2.5-3 minutes until crispy.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves, shake dry and place in a salad bowl add.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Cut the avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- Place on the lettuce leaves.
- Add the still warm pumpkin and halloumi pieces.
- Drizzle the pumpkin salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- frying pan
- salad bowl