Vegetarian potato casserole with zucchini, carrots and onions
This, called “Kugel”, is a traditional Jewish oven dish that is very similar to a casserole in terms of the way it is prepared. This variant is a real treat for vegetable lovers! The vegetarian casserole is made from grated potatoes, zucchini and carrots. The vegetables are supplemented with a little flour, eggs and spices, the casserole sauce is so easy to make, the rest is done in the oven!
- 8-10 potatoes, small
- 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 zucchini, medium
- 2 onions
- herbs, to taste
- 80 g flour
- 6 eggs
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- ¾ tbsp Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and grate them into a bowl on a large grater.
- Wash the zucchini, deseed if necessary and also grate on a coarse grater.
- Peel the onions and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the herbs finely.
- Flour sieve and mix with eggs, vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, carrots, courgettes, onions and herbs and mix well.
- Put everything in a casserole dish and bake at 180°C for approx. 50-60 minutes.
If the grated vegetable releases a lot of juice, then it should be gently squeezed out.
- cutting board