Vegetarian pilaf rice with pumpkin, onions and carrots
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
Vegetarian is a wonderful hearty dish. Saturated with the taste and aromas of spices, the pumpkin in pilaf will perfectly hold its shape during cooking.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 100 g oil
- 2 onions
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g pumpkin
- 300 g long grain rice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 handful of raisins, prunes or other dried fruit
- Zira, to taste
- Rinse the rice several times and soak in cold water.
- Cut the onion in half rings.
- Dice the carrots and pumpkin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onion in it until translucent.
- The carrots Add.
- Lightly salt, sprinkle with cumin, barberry and turmeric and simmer under a lid over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Place the squash on top of the carrots along with whole garlic cloves and dried fruit.
- The squash layer immediately with a layer Cover the rice.
- Salt well and flatten the rice a little.
- Pour in hot water so that it rises 1-1.5 cm above the rice.
- Bring the water to a simmer.
- Cook the pilaf under the closed lid 20 -Cook for 25 minutes on low heat.
- sauté pan
- cutting board