Vegan pumpkin soup with coconut milk, garlic and ginger
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
It tastes very tender and at the same time spicy thanks to the addition of garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and curry. It is rounded off with coconut milk and goes well with vegan cuisine.
Please review recipe:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- ½ tsp cloves, ground
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp curry
- 800-900 g pumpkin puree
- 45 g brown sugar
- 950 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- herbs, to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion for 5 minutes.
- Press the garlic through a press and add to the saucepan with the onions.
- Let sauté for another minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and curry powder.
- Add pumpkin puree with sugar and cover with broth.
- Once boiling, cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring the soup to a boil .
- Before serving, garnish the pumpkin soup with pumpkin seeds and herbs.
- mixing spoon
- cutting board