Vegan pilaf with rice, carrots and dried fruits
A pilaf does not always have to be hearty! This sweet variant with rice goes well with carrots, candied fruits, raisins and other dried fruits. The sweet tastes delicious and can be a nice snack.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 200 g dried fruit mix
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g candied fruit
- 1 carrot
- 50 ml oil
- 500-700 ml water
- 250 g rice
- Rinse the dried fruit in warm water and cut into small pieces.
- Mix in the raisins and candied fruit.
- Grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- The carrots 4 – Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add dried fruit and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pour in water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice.
- Cook covered for 25-30 minutes until rice is tender has absorbed all the liquid.
- Stir the finished pilaf and let it stand for another 10 minutes under the closed lid.
- cutting board
- mixing spoon