Vegan Olivier Potato Salad with Peas and Pickles
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
This is very well known in Russian cuisine. There are countless recipes from Olivier, this one is perfect for the vegans. The cooked peas pair beautifully with the potatoes, carrots, and pickles, while the tofu-based dressing complements the flavor beautifully. The preparation does not take long, only the cooling time requires a little patience.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 270 g potatoes
- 270 g carrots
- 150 g peas, frozen
- 2-3 pickles
- 150 g tofu, softened
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp
- grape seed oil
- ½ tbsp yeast flakes
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- cutting board
- Cook the potatoes and carrots for about 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are done.
- Cook the peas for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, along with the Cut the cucumber into small cubes.
- Mix with the peas in a bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk the tofu with the lemon juice, oil, yeast, mustard and salt.
- Mix the salad well with the dressing.
- For 1-2 hours put in the fridge.
- Serve chilled Olivier as a starter.