Vegan cold cabbage wraps made from white cabbage with carrots and garlic
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 640 minutes
Vegan cold cabbage wraps made from white cabbage with a wonderfully savory filling of carrots and garlic is a great vegetable snack that can be served as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to meat or fish.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 head white cabbage
- 5-6 carrots, large
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 700 ml water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 60 g sugar
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar, or grape vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 7-10 hot peppers
- garlic press
- deep bowl
- Cut out the stalk of the cabbage.
- Put the cabbage in a saucepan, pour in water, add a little salt and allow to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cabbage from the water and allow to cool slightly.
- Separate the cabbage into individual leaves.
- Cut the large leaves in half.
- Use a knife to flatten the thick, middle web on each leaf.
- Grate the carrots on a grater.
- Put the garlic through a garlic press Press and mix with the carrots.
- Place the carrot filling on the cabbage leaves and wrap.
- Stack the cabbage wraps in a deep bowl.
- Pour water into a saucepan.
- Salt and sugar, oil, vinegar, bay leaves, Add the cilantro and pepper.
- Boil and remove from the heat after 1 minute.
- Pour the hot marinade over the cabbage wraps and cover.
- Once the cabbage rolls have cooled, place the bowl in the fridge for 10-12 hours.
- The cold cabbage wraps as a starter or Serve as a side.