Vegan caramel sauce with pears, coconut milk and vanilla without sugar
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 105 minutes
Delicious caramel with a subtle hint of vanilla and coconut comes without any sweeteners or dairy products. Although the caramel sauce is without sugar, it tastes delicious and very fruity. The pears add a wonderful flavor to the caramel sauce, which makes a great combination when served with , waffles, ice cream or anything else.
Please review recipe:
- 600 g pears
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml water
- 500 ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Peel and core the pears.
- Cut the fruit into small cubes and place in a saucepan.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Cook the pears over a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add the water and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid closed leave.
- Then remove from the stove.
- Process the whole thing to a smooth mass with a hand blender.
- Mix the coconut milk with the baking soda and pour over the pears.
- Put the pot back on the stove and cook the mixture, stirring, for approx. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Once the caramel sauce has thickened and turned golden brown, remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool.
This sugar-free caramel sauce goes wonderfully with waffles, pancakes or other desserts.
- cutting board