Vegan Caesar salad with chickpeas, cashews and capers
is also suitable for vegans. Simply add hearty chickpeas and the dressing made from cashews, capers, mustard and lemon juice to the usual salad leaves and croutons. And you have a delicious salad that is completely meat-free and tastes no less delicious.
- 3-4 slices of baguette, or bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 70 g cashew nuts
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
- 120 ml water
- 1 heart of lettuce, large
- 150 g chickpeas, canned or cooked
- Cut the bread into small pieces.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil and lightly salt.
- Then bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the croutons from the Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the dressing: Whisk the cashews with the capers, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and water in a blender.
- Chop the heart of lettuce roughly.
- The lettuce leaves with the Mix half of the dressing in a bowl.
- Add the croutons and chickpeas.
- Mix the Caesar salad with the rest of the dressing.
- Serve the vegan Caesar salad as a starter.
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- stand mixer