Uzbek plov with lamb and carrots
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 140 minutes
The Uzbek national dish, plov, is basically a rice dish with lamb, onions, and carrots. Special spices give the plov a strong taste and a great aroma. Plov can be prepared not only for various festivities, but also in everyday life.
Please review recipe:
- 1kg lamb
- 1kg long grain rice
- 4 onions
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1kg carrots
- 4 tbsp dried red pepper flakes
- Dried barberries, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- Clean and peel the garlic bulbs, but do not remove the cloves from the bulb.
- 3 Peel the onions and carrots.
- Cut the onions into half rings and the carrots into thin strips.
- Heat the Kazan pot with oil.
- Fry the uncut onion in it until almost black.
- Remove the onion and stir-fry the chopped onions until golden brown.
- Add the diced lamb.
- Fry the meat all over .
- Add the carrots, sauté briefly and stew everything for a further 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in boiling water, leaving 1 cm of the top edge of the kazan free.
- Add the dried pepper flakes.
- All over reduced heat, for example Braise for 1 hour.
- Add the barberries to the meat and season everything with salt.
- Cook on reduced heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the washed rice.
- Pour in enough boiling water, d Make sure the rice is about 3 cm covered in water.
- Boil on high.
- As soon as the water boils out and the rice is a little drier, press the garlic bulb into the rice.
- Reduce the heat and cover with a closed lid cook for a further 30 minutes at the lowest level.
- Kazan pot
- cutting board