Unusual mashed potatoes with green pesto
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 30 minutes
The addition of pesto gives an ordinary side dish an unusual yet delicious twist. A gourmet dish is conjured up from the potatoes with basil, pine nuts and parmesan. If one is too boring, then this recipe is a wonderful opportunity to prepare these vegetables differently.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 650 g potatoes
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 bunch basil
- 150 ml olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 150 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cutting board
- stand mixer
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium-sized pieces.
- Then put them in the water and cook for about 15 minutes until they are soft.
- Meanwhile, grate the parmesan, peel and chop the garlic.
- Parmesan, garlic, pine nuts and Chop the basil in a blender.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and blend the pesto again.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the butter and heat over a low heat until the butter is completely dissolved.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through , drain.
- Add the milk with the melted butter to the potatoes.
- Lightly salt and pepper the vegetables.
- Mash the potatoes and then mix with the pesto.
- Mashed potatoes with green pesto go well with goulash or beef with sauce.
Depending on your taste, you can add more or less pesto.