Ukrainian dumplings with potatoes, onions and cottage cheese
An unusual combination characterizes the special taste of the. These dumplings taste delicious with a filling of quark and potatoes.
Rating: Ø 4.6 ( 8 votes )
- 400 g wheat flour
- 1 eggs
- 100 ml water, cold
- Salt, to taste
- 800 g potatoes, cooked
- 200 g quark
- 1 onion, large
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Sieve the flour, add the eggs and the salt in the middle.
- Pour in the water little by little, work everything into a medium-hard dough.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel, set aside and half a Leave to rest for an hour.
- Peel the onion, chop finely and sauté lightly in butter.
- Put the boiled potatoes and quark through a meat grinder, mix thoroughly with the onions, egg, salt and pepper.
Preparation of the dumplings
- Roll out the dough about 2 mm thick on a floured work surface.
- Use a glass to cut out the circles.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of filling on each circle, fold in the middle and the edges Press together.
- Place the finished dumplings on a baking sheet dusted with flour.
- Bring the water to a boil in the saucepan and cook the dumplings in it.
- Serve the finished dumplings with melted butter or sour cream, as desired.
- food processor
- rolling pin
- cutting board
- meat grinder