Twisted aromatic banana cake with cream and caramel
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
As the name suggests, this one is served upside down to reveal the golden brown caramel layer and banana slices on top. The aromatic fruits, the caramel and the fluffy, moist cake batter make the perfect combination for a dessert. In this way, coffee time can be sweetened and enjoyed.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 300 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 275 g Flour
- Round Pan
- Cutting Board
- Hand Mixer
- Serving Plate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease the baking tin generously with cooking oil.
- Spread 150 g of the sugar in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Met over a medium heat until the caramel has turned light brown.
- Do not stir the caramel as it melts, just toss the pan gently.
- Then add 50g butter, stir thoroughly and pour the caramel into the prepared baking dish.
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- On the Lay the caramel layer in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, add the remaining butter, salt, remaining sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Beat until fluffy with a hand mixer.
- While the mixer is running, break in the eggs one at a time and mix until the dough has become homogeneous.
- Then add sour cream and baking powder and mix.
- Finally add the flour little by little and mix thoroughly.
- Put the finished dough into the baking tin g eat tap the pan a few times on the table to remove any additional air bubbles from the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 30-40 minutes until golden.
- Then allow the banana cake to cool slightly and then turn out onto a serving plate, so that the bananas are on top.
- Decorate banana cake with mint leaves before serving.
Only a firm baking pan should be used for this banana cake so that the caramel does not spill out during baking.