Tropical pineapple cake with coconut flakes, eggs and vanilla
This pineapple cake with coconut and vanilla tastes tropically delicious. Soft pastries with pieces of juicy fruit and coconut flakes are reminiscent of a tropical cocktail. Flavorful, sweet and summery light, this cake is just perfect for any tea party.
- 100g butter, softened + some for greasing
- 600g pineapple, canned
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60ml milk
- 80 g coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease the loaf tin with butter.
- Drain the pineapple in a sieve.
- Reserve 60 ml of the syrup and set aside.
- Pineapple in a blender or chop very finely.
- Mix the softened butter with the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- You should get a smooth and fluffy mixture.
- Sieve the flour and mix it with the baking powder.
- Mix the milk with the pineapple juice.
- Crushed pineapple, flour and milk alternately to the butter mixture.
- Mix well with a whisk until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Fold the coconut flakes under the batter and pour the cake into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the pineapple cake for approx. 60-70 minutes.
- It’s best to try a toothpick to see if the cake is ready!
To intensify the taste of the pineapple cake, regular milk can be replaced with coconut milk.
- Loaf pan