Thick apricot jam easily prepared
Bright amber, fragrant and incredibly tasty, the thick apricot jam is very easy to prepare. Fruits are first pureed, brought to the boil in a saucepan, sprinkled with sugar and boiled again. After a while, add the citric acid and then fill into glasses. The apricot jam is ready and just needs to cool down.
- 1000 g apricots, pitted
- 900 g sugar
- ½ tsp citric acid
- Place the apricots in a saucepan, chop with an immersion blender.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Approx. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Add sugar, stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium, bring to boil again.
- Sprinkle in citric acid, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove foam from surface.
- Remove from heat, fill jam into sterilized jars.
- Close jars tightly, turn upside down, allow to cool under a blanket or cloth.
- Serve the apricot jam as a spread or as dessert.
The longer the fruit cooks, the thicker the jam will be.
- hand blender