Terribly beautiful Halloween cupcakes with broken glass
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
Halloween cupcakes with broken glass is a terribly beautiful dessert for . Simple muffins with a cream cheese topping, fake blood, and broken glass make these pastries some sophisticated Halloween fun.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 80 g butter, softened
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 ml milk, warm
- 60 g berry jam
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 375 ml water
- 1 tsp red food coloring, liquid
- 1 tbsp corn syrup, or runny honey
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp water
Cream cheese topping
- 70 g Butter
- 40 g powdered sugar
- 140 g cream cheese
- Hand mixer
- Mixing spoon
- Silicone mat
- Muffin tin
- Paper cups
- Piping bag with nozzle
- Beat softened butter with salt, sugar and vanilla sugar with a mixer on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix the flour with baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix half of the flour mixture with the remaining ingredients mix on low speed.
- Pour in the warm milk and after a minute, sift in the remaining flour.
- Stir until smooth with a whisk.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
- Scoop the batter about halfway into the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil and continue to simmer until the sugar turns brown.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone oven-safe mat.
- Den Pour the syrup onto the baking sheet and smooth with a spatula. The height should be about 2mm.
- Let the syrup harden and break into pieces to create shards of different sizes.
- Mix the dye with the corn syrup, powdered sugar and water.
Cream Cheese Topping
- Soften Beat butter with powdered sugar for 10 minutes.
- Add cold cream cheese and continue beating for a few minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use a knife to make small indentations in cooled muffins.
- With Fill jam.
- Fill a piping bag with cream cheese.
- Top each muffin with the cream.
- Insert glass splinters into each Halloween cupcake and decorate with fake blood.
Artificial blood can be replaced with berry syrup.