Tender vegetable pie with cabbage, carrots and mushrooms
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
The dough with buttermilk is tender and goes well with a vegetable filling made of cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and onions. The savory one can be enjoyed warm or cold, it is ideal for a convivial evening with friends.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 500 g cabbage
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml butter
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- cutting board
- beater spatula
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- baking dish
- Chop the cabbage.
- Grab the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Finely dice the onion.
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onions for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and after 5 minutes add the cabbage.
- Let everything sauté together for about 7-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and let the vegetables cool.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour in the buttermilk.
- Mix in the sifted flour with half a teaspoon of salt and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg and buttermilk mixture.
- A baking tin with Grease oil.
- Put half of the dough in.
- Spread the filling on top.
- Cover with the remaining dough.
- Bake the vegetable cake at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes.