Tender ratatouille with zucchini, tomatoes and aubergines
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 95 minutes
Ratatouille with zucchini, tomatoes, red onions and eggplant is delicious and varied. Here’s a simple recipe for a classic oven-baked ratatouille – a spectacular dish that can be served at family gatherings and parties alike.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 2 red onions
- Ratatouille sauce
- 2 peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- salt, to taste
- pepper , to taste
- spices, to taste
- olive oil, for greasing and frying
- cutting board
- oven pan
Prepare the ratatouille sauce
- Have the seeds in the peppers and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.
- Then peel off the skin from the peppers.
- Cut the tomatoes in a cross shape and immerse them in hot water for a few minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and peel these as well.
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- Finely chop the onion into small pieces.
- Cut the peppers and tomato flesh very finely as well.
- Mash the garlic and chop it finely.
- Heat a pan over medium-high.
- Olive oil add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Then add the peppers and tomatoes.
- Add a little water, salt, basil and other spices to taste.
- Zucchini and aubergine into slices about 3 mm thick.
- Peel the red onion and cut into rings.
- Pour the ratatouille sauce into an oven dish.
- Arrange the ratatouille from the vegetable slices in a circle .
- Sprinkle the top of the vegetables with olive oil and salt.
- Cover the ratatouille with aluminum foil and put in the oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Serve the ratatouille alone or with meat or fish.