Tender pumpkin mash with rice and sugar for breakfast
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
The pumpkin mash with rice has a very light and tender consistency. Fruity and filling at the same time, this porridge is perfect for breakfast or lunch. With the soft-boiled rice and a moderate sweetness, the pumpkin mash not only tastes good, but is also incredibly aromatic.
Please review recipe:
- 150 g rice, e.g. risotto rice
- 700-900 g pumpkin
- 1 l water
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- Rinse the rice well and place in a bowl.
- Leave covered with water for 1-3 hours or overnight.
- Cut the pumpkin into medium-sized pieces.
- Place the cut pumpkin in a saucepan.
- Pour in 1 liter of water .
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. The cooking time depends on the size of the pieces and the type of pumpkin.
- Pure the pumpkin pieces with a hand blender without draining off the liquid.
- In the meantime drain the rice almost completely.
- Leave about 50-60 ml of water in the rice .
- Grind the rice with a hand blender so that the individual grains of rice become smaller.
- Add the rice to the pumpkin, stir and let it simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the salt and sugar.
- The porridge 5 more -Cook on the stove for 8 minutes to allow the rice to soften sufficiently.
- If the porridge is too thick, add a little more water while cooking.
- cutting board
- hand blender