Tender egg salad with chicken liver, pickles and cheese
This tastes very delicate. Cheese and roasted vegetables complement the liver in the salad beautifully, while the pickled cucumbers add a zesty and crunchy touch to the salad.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 4 eggs
- 300 g chicken liver
- 250 g gherkins
- 150 g cheese
- 1 onion, alternatively spring onion
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Hard-boil the eggs for 5-7 minutes.
- Boil the liver for 10-15 minutes and leave to cool.
- Cut the liver into thin sticks.
- Cut the gherkins into sticks as well.
- Up the eggs and cheese grate with a coarse grater.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Fry the vegetables in a pan with oil over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Layer the liver, onion, carrots, pickles, and cheese in a salad bowl.
- Make a net of mayonnaise after each layer or brush the layers.
- Scatter the eggs over the salad and garnish with the mayonnaise.
- Egg salad before serving Leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- egg cooker
- cutting board
- beater spatula
- salad bowl