Tender chicken fillets in tomato sauce with white wine and capers
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
Shallots, garlic and tarragon add incredible flavor to the sauce made from fresh tomatoes and tomato paste. The capers provide the necessary seasoning. No one will be able to resist this delicious scent!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 tomatoes
- 4 chicken fillets
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp tarragon, dried
- 240 ml white wine, dry
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- parsley, to taste
- cutting board
- frying pan
- kitchen tongs
- Chop the shallots and garlic.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Rinse the chicken fillets, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan.
- The chicken fillets Fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the chicken fillets and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, capers and tarragon to the pan and stir briefly.
- Immediately deglaze with the wine and vinegar and stir well.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the skillet and simmer over medium-high heat until the chicken fillets are tender.
- Just before serving sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve in the skillet.
Fresh tomatoes can be replaced with 800g of canned tomatoes in their own juice. And instead of dried tarragon, 4 teaspoons of chopped fresh tarragon can also be used.