Tender beef stew with pumpkin, red wine and garlic
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 165 minutes
The beef is braised for about two hours to make it soft and tender. The sweet pumpkin complements the rich flavor perfectly, while herbs, garlic and red wine provide a great aroma. You should definitely prepare this one with pumpkin and garlic.
Please review recipe:
- 1 onion, large
- 2 cloves garlic
- 900 g beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 600 ml beef stock
- 60 ml red wine
- 500 g pumpkin
- Peel the vegetables.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Chop the beef and squash into pieces about 1 inch on a side.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the meat to the vegetables, season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the whole thing, stirring, for 5 – 7 minutes so that the pieces come out on all sides are well browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the oregano, thyme, bay leaf, stock and wine.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat, until the meat is tender, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin to the meat, stir and let the stew simmer for another 30-35 minutes.
- Then remove the bay leaf and serve the beef stew immediately.
If no wine is to be added, use more broth instead.
- cutting board
- frying pan