Tasty borscht with chicken, potatoes and beetroot
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 130 minutes
is usually prepared with beef. This soup recipe experiments with chicken broth. The rich soup is made with potatoes, carrots and beetroot just as filling, flavorful and delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 350 g chicken
- 3 l water
- 1 kg potatoes
- 600 g cabbage
- 400 g beetroot
- 1 tomato
- 150 g carrot
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Garlic, to taste
- parsley, or dill, to taste
- sour cream, to serve
- Put the chicken in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Salt the water, put on the stove on medium and bring to the boil.
- Cook the meat for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the vegetables.
- Potatoes in Cut into pieces and chop the cabbage.
- Remove the meat from the pot.
- Add the potatoes to the chicken broth, bring to the boil and add the cabbage.
- Meanwhile, grate the beetroot, dice the tomato and carrot.
- Oil Heat in a pan, add the vegetables and fry over a medium heat for approx. 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the fried vegetables to the pot with the potatoes.
- Separate the chicken from the bones.
- Add the meat to the soup and serve Simmer for another 15-20 minutes on a low heat.
- Switch off the stove, add the chopped garlic and herbs to the finished borscht.
- Let the soup steep for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy the finished borscht with sour cream and fresh bread.
Borscht tastes even better if it sits for a while before being served.