Tarte tatin with plums with caramel
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The sweet and slightly caramelized plum cake smells wonderful and is temptingly delicious. The tarte tatin with plums is very juicy and tastes great.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 10-12 prunes
- 1.5 cups sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 eggs
- 80ml milk
- 150g butter
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- kitchen scale
- tart pan
- mixing spoon
- Half and deseed the plums.
- In a saucepan, stir together half a cup of sugar and about 35 butter until the caramel colour.
- Add the cinnamon and stir.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until thick.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and beat for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, milk and the remaining 115 g of melted butter.
- Mix the baking powder and flour in a bowl.
- Cover a springform or tart tin with baking paper and pour the caramel into the tin
- Distribute evenly with a spatula.
- Place the plums, cut side up, on top of the caramel.
- Pour the batter into the mold and cover the plums.
- Put the plum cake in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 40 minutes .
- Let the finished cake cool down in the tin.
- First, use a knife or spatula to move the edge of the baking tin to get the cake out better.
- Turn the plum cake out onto a cake plate so that the baked plums are caramelized en are.
- Cut the Tarte Tatin plum cake into pieces and serve.
Tarte tatin with plums can also be baked with other berries and fruits such as apples, pears or quinces.