Taco shells with ground beef, tomatoes, lettuce and tomato sauce
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
This easy version of a Mexican dish with ground beef, cheese and tomato sauce is ready in no time. The taco shells are not only easy to prepare, but also incredibly delicious. This recipe is a must for all lovers of Mexican cuisine.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ¼ tsp paprika, smoked
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 240 g tomato sauce
- 100 g lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 g cheese
- 8 taco shells
- 1 jalapeño, optional
- cutting board
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the minced meat to the vegetables and stir Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and any other seasonings.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Finely chopped jalapeño peppers can be added, if desired be added to the pan.
- Clean and chop the lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Finely grate the cheese.
- Heat the taco shells in a dry pan and fold in half.
- Stuff the tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and tomato sauce.
- Serve the taco shells immediately.