Sweet yeast braid with pearl sugar and eggs – Easter cake recipe
The sweet tastes super fluffy and is great for Easter. The dough is made from fresh yeast and after a resting period it is plaited into a plait. Sprinkled with coarse sugar, it becomes a delicious yeast plait and can be enjoyed with the .
- 250 ml milk
- 1 yeast cube, fresh
- 70 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500 g flour, type 550
- 75 g butter, soft
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing
- granulated sugar, at will
- Dissolve the yeast in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of warm milk and stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg, the remaining milk, salt and the flour.
- Add the butter and knead everything into a smooth dough.
- The dough Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Knead the dough and divide into 3 pieces.
- Roll out 3 strands and braid into a loose plait.
- Place the yeast plait on a baking tray lined with baking paper and let 20 -Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat the yeast braid with egg yolk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake the Easter cake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes until golden yellow.
Cut the yeast braid into slices and enjoy with cream cheese and jam for Easter breakfast.
- food processor