Sweet pumpkin jam with lemons and oranges
Portions: 15 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
Pumpkin jam is a bit unusual, but definitely worth making. It is the perfect accompaniment to pancakes, cheesecake, tarts or any other dessert. But it will also taste very good simply as a spread.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 800 g sugar
- Food Processor
- Lemon Squeezer
- Sterilized Jars
- Crush the pumpkin in a food processor or using a meat grinder.
- Squeeze the lemon, collecting the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Finely grate the orange zest.
- Place the pumpkin in a saucepan or deep pan.
- Add the sugar and Mix well.
- Leave the mixture for an hour.
- Then place on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the pumpkin over medium-high heat for 1 hour.
- Approx. Add lemon juice and grated orange zest 5 to 10 minutes before the end of the preparation.
- Spread the jam into sterilized jars.
- Close the jars tightly.
- Then turn them upside down, cover and leave to cool.
- Pumkin jam for tea or as a Enjoy spread.