Sweet monkey bread made from yeast dough with cinnamon for breakfast
The monkey bread is a pastry served for breakfast in the United States. The sweet bread with a cinnamon flavor is formed from small pieces of dough and baked in a Gugelhupf. The monkey bread is light and fluffy and can easily be torn into pieces with your hands. Served with tea, this monkey bread will convince every sweet tooth with its taste.
- 360 ml milk
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 70 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 620 g flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 170 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 130 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Prepare the yeast dough
- In a bowl, mix the warm milk with the yeast and sugar.
- Cover the bowl with cling film.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for about 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, butter, salt and a cup of flour to the milk and mix well.
- Knead the dough, gradually adding the remaining flour.
- Grease a large bowl with vegetable oil.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to rest in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
- 100g butter for Melt it.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Grease a Bundt cake with butter.
- Once the dough has doubled in volume, knead thoroughly.
- Form the dough into several small balls.
- The dough balls alternately dip in melted butter.
- Afterwards in the Z Roll in the icing sugar and place in the ring cake tin.
- Cover with foil or cling film and leave in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Prepare the caramel for 5-10 minutes while stirring until the sugar dissolves well.
- Pour the warm caramel over the dough.
- Bake the monkey bread in the preheated oven at 175°C for approx. 35-40 minutes until golden.
- The sweet bread Serve cut into pieces or tear into pieces with your hands.
There are a number of recipes for this bread. Monkey bread can be made with garlic, cheese or sweet with cinnamon. Pieces of banana or other fruits such as pears or apples can also be used as a filling in the sweet bread.
- Gugelhupf baking dish
- frying pan