Swedish meatballs with rye bread in cranberry sauce
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
A fruity sauce with an intense, sour-sweet taste perfectly complements the juicy . Made from beef, pork and rye bread, the balls taste delicious. First fried until crispy and then braised in a rich, creamy sour sauce, the result is a delicious and unexpectedly harmonious note. This recipe is unique.
Please review recipe:
Sauce with cranberries
- 1 lemon
- 500 g cranberries
- 100 ml water
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 onion
- 50 g butter
- 100 g rye bread
- 150 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 500 g minced beef
- 500 g minced pork
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 400 ml beef stock
- 200 g sour cream
Prepare the sauce
- Finely grate the lemon zest and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Mix the cranberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and water in a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Let the whole thing cook for about 10-15 minutes simmer over low heat.
- Add powdered sugar to the berries and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Prepare the meatballs
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes.
- Heat ⅓ of the butter in a frying pan.
- Fry the onions for 3 to 4 minutes until soft.
- Crumble the bread and soak in the milk for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl with a fork.
- Both types of ground beef with fried onions , bread and egg.
- Add the salt, allspice and black pepper and mix again thoroughly.
- Wet your hands in water and form small meatballs from the mince mixture.
- Half the remaining butter and 1 tablespoon of vegetable Heat zen oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the meatballs for 5-7 minutes until crispy.
- Heat the remaining butter and vegetable oil in another pan.
- Sweat the flour for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir and heat Gradually pour the broth into the roux.
- Return the pan to the stove and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add the sour cream and stir thoroughly.
- Add the meatballs to the pan with the sour cream sauce.
- Over low heat Simmer under a lid for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the Swedish meatballs with the cranberry sauce.
- citrus press
- cutting board
- frying pan