Swedish chocolate cake Kladdkaka
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
This chocolate cake is one of the most popular cakes in Sweden. It is very juicy, soft and simply tastes irresistible. The recipe is super easy and quick and can be baked by anyone. The cake tastes particularly good with whipped cream, red fruit jelly or fruit.
Please review recipe:
- 120g butter, + some for greasing
- 30g baking cocoa, + some for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 265g sugar
- 60g flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- icing sugar, to taste
- Fruits and berries, to taste
- Whipping cream, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Grease a round baking tin with a little butter and dust lightly with cocoa.
- Melt the butter.
- Sieve the flour.
- Eggs and sugar in a bowl with a whisk beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the cocoa, flour and salt.
- Add the butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything together to form an even batter.
- Pour the batter into the mold and smooth it out.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes .
- Remove from the oven.
- Let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Serve the Swedish chocolate cake with berries, fruit, red fruit jelly or whipped cream, as desired.
- Kitchen scales
- Pasting brush
- Baking tin, round