Succulent lemon cake with icing
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
This lemon cake tastes wonderfully lemony. Mayonnaise is added to the fresh lemon dough, making the cake moist. Served with a sugar glaze, the lemon cake invites everyone to a cup of tea.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 240g butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 lemons, organic
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Citrus grater
- Citrus juicer
- Hand mixer
- Cake pan
- Pasting brush
- Wash the lemons in hot water and grate the zest.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Put the butter in a bowl, add the sugar and beat until fluffy .
- Stir the eggs, one at a time, into the buttercream.
- Add the lemon zest and mayonnaise to the butter mixture.
- Sieve the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix on the mixer on low.
- Pour in the 1/3 cup lemon juice and mix again.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Bake the lemon cakes at 175 degrees for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the icing, mix the powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Cover the lemon cake with the icing and let it set.