Stutenkerl bake pastries from yeast dough with children
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 42 minutes
Whether with a pipe or rod in hand, this traditional pastry for St. Martin or Nicholas tastes fantastic. They can be decorated with granulated sugar and raisins and enjoyed freshly baked.
Please review recipe:
- 1 kg flour
- 400 ml milk, cold
- 35 g yeast, fresh
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g honey
- 2 eggs
- 150 g butter
- 1 tbsp salt
- vanilla pod, to taste
- Lemon zest, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- Sultanas, to taste
- Grain sugar, to taste
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, make a well and add the crumbled yeast.
- Grab the zest from the lemon and scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- Add the milk, sugar, honey, lemon zest, vanilla seeds and butter.
- In a mixer 10- Knead for 15 minutes.
- Let the yeast dough rise, covered, for at least 1 hour.
- Form the mares out of the dough.
- Put in sultanas for eyes or mouths.
- Let the mares rise on the tray for 15 minutes.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg yolk before baking.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar if you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for approx. 12 minutes.
- kneading machine
- kitchen brush