Stuffed zucchini with spicy chicken breast and tomato sauce
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
with a tasty filling of chicken breast and tomato sauce taste simply delicious. The garlic and Italian herbs add wonderful flavor while the parmesan and mozzarella create a fabulous cheese crust.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 g chicken breast fillet
- ¹⁄₄ tsp Italian herbs
- ¹⁄₄ tsp garlic powder, dried
- ¹⁄₄ tsp salt
- ¹⁄₄ tsp black pepper
- 3⁄ ₄ cup tomato sauce
- 30g parmesan
- 50-100g mozzarella
- cutting board
- baking dish
- frying pan
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthways.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon to form small boats.
- Place the vegetables cut-side up in a baking dish.
- Brush with half the oil .
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling.
- Dice the chicken fillets.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and season with the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Fry for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour in the tomato sauce.
- Stir and cook for a further 2 minutes .
- Remove the courgettes from the oven and fill with the prepared mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and mozzarella.
- Return the stuffed courgettes into the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.