Stuffed tomatoes with minced lamb, cinnamon and chili peppers
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 95 minutes
is a delicious and spicy combination of tomatoes and minced lamb, which is particularly tasty and aromatic thanks to the addition of mint and various spices.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g ground lamb
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2-3 sprigs mint
- 1 tbsp harissa sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 chillies
- 160 ml vegetable stock
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- cutting board
- frying pan
- casserole dish
- aluminium foil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut off the top of each tomato stalk.
- Then scoop out the tomatoes with a teaspoon.
- Chop the flesh of the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- The ground lamb, stirring constantly Sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Then add the pulp of the tomatoes, cinnamon powder, cumin and paprika powder.
- Chop the mint and chili peppers.
- After 1-2 minutes add the mint, chilli, harissa sauce and tomato paste.
- Pour the vegetable broth over it.
- Increase the heat and let everything boil.
- Then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then season with salt and pepper.
- The minced vegetables -Spread the filling over the hollowed-out tomatoes.
- Cover with the cut-off tops and place in a casserole dish.
- Cover the filled tomatoes with aluminum foil and bake at 180° C for approx. 50-60 minutes.