Stuffed pike with mushrooms and onions
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
Fish prepared according to this recipe has practically no bones, is easy to cut with a knife and is very tasty. Stuffed pike with mushrooms and onions not only tastes delicious, but will also make every banquet shine. The skin is first removed from the fish and then filled with a mixture of fish fillet, baguette, mushrooms and onions. Baked in the oven, this dish tastes really unique.
Please review recipe:
- 1 pike, 1200-1400 g
- 200-250 g baguette
- 250 ml milk
- 350 g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil, + something for greasing
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Leaf greens, to taste, optional
- Mayonnaise, to taste, optional
- Olives, to taste, optional
- Cherry tomatoes, to taste, optional
- Cranberries, to taste, optional
- lemon, to taste, optional
- Clean the pike and rinse under running water.
- Cut off the head and remove the gills.
- Carefully cut the skin from the side of the head and slowly pull the skin off the fish like a stocking.
- Use a knife to separate the fins.
- One a few centimeters before the tail, cut through the spine.
- Separate the fish fillets from the bones and place in a bowl.
- Separate the baguette slices from the crust, cut into large pieces and soak in milk.
- Peel the onions and chop very finely together with the mushrooms .
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the onions and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Fish fillet Grind once through the meat grinder.
- Then mix in the mushrooms, onion and lightly squeezed bread.
- Put through the meat grinder again.
- Mix the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl with the rest of the filling.
- Carefully stuff the fish skin with the filling.
- Put some of the filling into the bowl and carefully stick it with the rest of the fish.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease it.
- Place the fish on it.
- Prick several holes with a toothpick into the skin.
- Grush the pike with oil and cover with aluminum foil.
- Put the fish in the oven and bake for about 50-60 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the foil about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Allow the finished fish to cool and place on a plate.
- Serve the stuffed pike with leafy greens, mayonnaise, olives, cherry tomatoes, cranberries and lemon slices and serve immediately.
- cutting board
- frying pan
- meat grinder
- aluminium foil
- baking tray
- baking paper