Stuffed peppers with vegan minced meat and tomatoes for Halloween
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The carved peppers provide a change on a Halloween evening. The peppers are stuffed with vegan ground beef, tomatoes, onions, and garlic and are oven-roasted until tender. An everyday dish that becomes the absolute highlight of Halloween with pepper faces.
Please review recipe:
- 4 bell peppers, red
- 500 g vegan minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g tomatoes, from a can
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, for taste
Prepare the mince
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Make a mince batter from the vegan mince, onion, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan with olive oil.
- Fry the mince batter briefly .
- Add the canned tomatoes and the broth.
- Let the mince simmer for about 10 minutes.
Prepare the peppers
- Carefully cut open the “top” of the peppers with a small, sharp knife and remove.
- With use the knife to cut the edge of the lid in a jagged way.
- Hole out the peppers and wash them.
- Cut the edges of the peppers in a jagged way as well.
- Cut out a face out of two triangular eyes and a jagged mouth.
- Stuff the peppers with the mincemeat, Cover with the pepper lid.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish and cook in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- The Halloween peppers can be served with pasta or rice.