Stuffed peppers with quinoa, carrots, spinach and ground beef
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
Stuffed peppers are extremely versatile, in this recipe the peppers are stuffed with quinoa, carrots, spinach and ground beef. One is soul food at its finest – the whole family will be satisfied.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 5 peppers, light or red pointed peppers
- 500 g minced meat
- 3 carrots
- 2 onions
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g rice
- 50 ml tomato passata
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 20 g quinoa
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- herbs de Provence, to taste
- sweet paprika powder, to taste
- parsley, optional
- bay leaves, optional
- cutting board
- Wash and deseed the peppers.
- Peel the onions and garlic cloves and peel the carrots.
- Chop the onions and garlic along with the cleaned spinach leaves and parsley or chop finely in a food processor.
- Add the minced meat to the Add the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and quinoa and mix everything well, if necessary add a little water to loosen the meat mixture a little.
- Fill the minced meat mixture into the prepared pods.
- Use the leftovers Shape the minced meat into patties and cook them together with the stuffed peppers.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces.
- Cut the zucchini into small pieces as well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and briefly sear the carrots with the zucchini.
- Deglaze with the vegetable broth, done Add the tomatoes.
- Place the stuffed peppers with the meatballs in the broth, add the bay leaves and cook, covered, over a medium heat for 40 minutes.
The stuffed peppers are best served with sour cream and bread. The stuffed peppers can also be cooked in a casserole dish in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes.