Stuffed peppers with quinoa, carrots, spinach and ground beef
Stuffed peppers are extremely versatile, in this recipe the peppers are stuffed with quinoa, carrots, spinach and ground beef. One is soul food at its finest – the whole family will be satisfied.
- 5 peppers, light or red pointed peppers
- 500 g minced meat
- 3 carrots
- 2 onions
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g rice
- 50 ml tomato passata
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 20 g quinoa
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- herbs de Provence, to taste
- sweet paprika powder, to taste
- parsley, optional
- bay leaves, optional
- Wash and deseed the peppers.
- Peel the onions and garlic cloves and peel the carrots.
- Chop the onions and garlic along with the cleaned spinach leaves and parsley or chop finely in a food processor.
- Add the minced meat to the Add the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and quinoa and mix everything well, if necessary add a little water to loosen the meat mixture a little.
- Fill the minced meat mixture into the prepared pods.
- Use the leftovers Shape the minced meat into patties and cook them together with the stuffed peppers.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces.
- Cut the zucchini into small pieces as well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and briefly sear the carrots with the zucchini.
- Deglaze with the vegetable broth, done Add the tomatoes.
- Place the stuffed peppers with the meatballs in the broth, add the bay leaves and cook, covered, over a medium heat for 40 minutes.
The stuffed peppers are best served with sour cream and bread. The stuffed peppers can also be cooked in a casserole dish in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes.
- cutting board