Stuffed peppers with polenta and quinoa
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
Stuffed peppers contain a fine, spicy filling made from polenta and quinoa. This wonderful recipe is sure to not only appeal to vegetarians. Stuffed peppers with polenta are a delicious accompaniment to hearty dishes.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 4 red peppers
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- basil , to taste
- Pour the corn grits into a saucepan of water.
- Cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once the polenta is thick and runny, add sea salt to taste.
- Add the quinoa to the polenta and mix well.
- Tomato paste Mix , rosemary, oregano and garlic.
- Add the mixture to the polenta.
- Add the fresh basil and mix again.
- Cut the top off the peppers, hollow out the peppers and rinse.
- Stuff the peppers with polenta and sprinkle with basil leaves .
- Bake the stuffed peppers at 170 degrees for 30-35 minutes.