Stuffed meatballs with mozzarella in tomato sauce
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
are always well received! With this variant, the mozzarella is hidden inside! Adding pesto makes the minced meat even juicier and more appetizing, and you’ll fall in love with the soft cheese filling from the first bite.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 1350g ground turkey
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 50-60g parmesan
- 1 egg
- 130-150g breadcrumbs
- 60ml milk
- 60g pesto
- salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 450 g mozzarella
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g tomato sauce
- Herbs, to taste
- cutting board
- garlic press
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Place the minced turkey in a bowl.
- Peel the onion, chop into small pieces and add.
- Peel the garlic, press through the garlic press and add.
- Finely grate the parmesan on a grater and add.
- Egg, breadcrumbs, Also add the milk, pesto, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the mozzarella into small cubes.
- Form the prepared meat mixture into small meatballs.
- Press in each meatball with your finger to create a hollow.
- In Place a cube of mozzarella in this cavity and close it so that the filling is hidden inside.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the turkey meatballs on the baking tray and brush lightly with oil.
- Then at 180° C Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Heat the tomato sauce in a deep pan.
- Place the meatballs in it and let them simmer for approx. 2-3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Chop the herbs finely and ü Sprinkle over the meatballs.