Stuffed chicken breast à la Caprese with tomatoes and mozzarella
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
It’s quick and easy to prepare, but it tastes so much better. Filled with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, the meat is particularly juicy. Baked in the oven, the chicken gets a delicious and crispy crust, which gives this dish a special touch.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Italian herbs, to taste
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1-2 sprigs of basil
- 100-150 g mozzarella, or other cheese
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- cutting board
- Chop the garlic finely with a knife.
- Mix the melted butter with the garlic in a bowl.
- Slice the chicken breast lengthwise in a fan-like pattern.
- Coat the inside of the fillet with the butter mixture.
- Then lightly salt and pepper and season with Italian herbs.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Chop the basil leaves into small pieces.
- Rub the cheese coarsely.
- Set aside some of the cheese.
- Sliced tomatoes, chopped basil leaves and grated cheese on half of each sliced chicken breast.
- Cover with the other half.
- Place the chicken breast in an oiled casserole dish.
- Grease the top with the remaining garlic butter.
- Bake the dish for about 30 minutes at 200°C.
- Stuffed chicken breast à la Sprinkle the Caprese with the remaining cheese about 10 minutes before the end of baking.