Strong chicken broth with vegetables as a soup base
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 145 minutes
Chicken broth with vegetables has an intense and delicious taste. An excellent base for a variety of soups can be prepared very easily. First, chicken is boiled in water and then vegetables are added. Simmer for a few hours and then strain the broth. A very simple recipe that is used again and again.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 1 soup chicken, whole
- 3 L water
- 1 carrot, large
- 1-2 sticks celery
- 1 onion
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- cutting board
- Rinse the chicken, place in a saucepan and pour cold water over it until completely covered.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Skim foam, reduce heat.
- Meanwhile, peel vegetables.
- Carrots , celery and onion.
- Add the vegetables, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, garlic and pepper to the broth.
- Let the broth simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Season with salt about 15-20 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Remove the chicken.
- Strain the stock, allow to cool and skim off the fat from the surface.
- The chicken stock can then be used as a soup base.