Strawberry heart dumplings made from puff pastry as a Valentine’s Day idea
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
These heavenly delicious dumplings are made very quickly and are a great idea for Valentine’s Day. The aromatic strawberry jam goes wonderfully with the crispy puff pastry.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 1 p. Puff pastry, fresh dough, approx. 275 g
- 80-100 g strawberry jam
- 1 egg
- 6-8 strawberries, fresh, for garnish
- heart cutters
- kitchen brush
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out hearts.
- Put a tablespoon of strawberry jam on one half of the hearts ( the bases of the hearts ).
- Whisk the egg and brush the edge of the dough.
- Cross the middle of the heart tops or cut a heart in it.
- Place the heart tops on the jam-coated dumplings.
- Press the edges firmly or press together with a fork.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the heart-shaped dumplings on top place.
- Brush with the egg.
- Bake the dumplings for 12-15 minutes at 180°C.
- Give the pastry as a gift for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
A vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream goes well with the strawberry dumplings.